Fall 2018 STEM Challenge Kids Science Camp
Brought to you by: STEM Challenge Initiative, Med Associates, Catamount Kids, and EAA Chapter 613
We’re pleased to announce another STEM Kid’s Science Camp! This camp will be a great way to encourage young budding scientists by providing opportunities for hands-on learning in a fun atmosphere. It’s great for home schoolers, public school students and private school students.
Dates: Friday October 5, 2018 – Geology and the Scientific Method with Stuart Strife. Click Here to learn about Mr. Strife.
Friday October 26, 2018 – Leaf Chromatography. Click Here to learn more about our Leaf Chromatography Lab.
Friday December 7, 2018 – Aeronautics and Paper Plate Airplanes with George and Cliff Coy
Friday January 4, 2019 – Weather Makeup Date: Electronics and Electrical Circuits, Squishy Circuits and Snap Circuits
Time: 6 PM to 8PM
Location: EAA Chapter 613 Taylor Aviation Center at the Franklin County State Airport (KFSO), in Highgate, Vermont
629 Airport Rd. Swanton, VT 05488 (Click Here for Directions)
Cost: $100 per student, Class is designed for students in grades 3 through 6 (ages 8-11). Scholarships will be available to those in need thanks to our sponsors.
- Covers registration fee for all four class dates
- Includes a T-shirt, water bottle, and several projects worked on throughout the camp! Students will have projects and worksheets to keep from every class session!
During the course of this workshop, we will cover the following topics selected from geology, physics, chemistry, biology and engineering:
- Using the scientific method to make observations, form hypotheses, predict outcomes, and perform experiments.
- Apply the scientific method to the field of geology.
- Learn why leaves change color in the fall.
- Learn basic concepts behind what makes airplanes fly!
- Build a metal box frame for an airplane using metal working skills of layout, cutting, bending, and riveting!
Students will have projects and worksheets to keep from every class session!
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to discuss with you.